What a Ripper Weekend!

It was so wonderful to see the Ripponlea Primary community out in full force a few weekends back. Attending the Ripper Art exhibition is always enjoyable as I have the pleasure of hearing all of the compliments about how amazing the students work is. It makes me feel so proud as my job is to get the best out of my students, and when I am told the work is of a high standard, it cements in my mind why I am an art teacher.

Below are some samples of the winners, honourable mentions and teachers’ choice awards. My friend, Naomi Bishop, found it extremely difficult to choose from all of the magnificent art works and took some time to make her final decisions based on the criteria that was present to students during the process of making their work during art lessons. Teaching proper technique, a sound understanding of colour theory and how to explore art elements and principles in an effective way is a fundamental aspect of my teaching. The compositions below show how imaginative, creative and clever our students can be with these conventions. Congratulations to all of the students who won awards and to all of those who entered into the exhibition- your works are truly striking!